20210624

Journal Entry - April 10, 2020

by Lois Perch Villemaire

Got up, ate breakfast, took a shower, and dressed for the day, keeping in mind I have a Zoom yoga class at noon, my only scheduled event of the day. The U.S. already has over 16,700 deaths, all in the span of about a month. A grocery order is being delivered tomorrow and yesterday we picked up a box of fresh fruits and vegetables from a produce company. I’m having so much trouble getting into a book, usually one of my favorite things to do. The quiet of the house is overwhelming when the TV is off. My hands are dried out from washing them so much and I’ve cut my nails short.

6S

Lois Perch Villemaire resides in Annapolis, MD. Her stories, memoir flash, and poetry have appeared online and in journals including Ponder Savant, The Literatus, Trouvaille Review, FewerThan500, The Drabble, Pen In Hand, North of Oxford, Flash Frontier, Flora Fiction and anthologies published by Truth Serum Press.