20080304

Making a Choice

by The Beautiful Kind

It wasn't the right time for a baby, so last month my partner and I had an abortion. The abortion hurt, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I asked to see what they sucked out of my uterus - I wanted to bear witness, to acknowledge what I had done. I was expecting a pan full of blood, some stuff that looked like raw liver, and maybe a gross little alien bubbling in the gore croaking out, "Mama?" I was shocked to see what looked like half a cup of egg whites - it wasn't even bloody. We named our omelette Chas so we wouldn't miss it as much.

6S

The Beautiful Kind is a sex blogger in the Midwest who writes about fantasies, fetishes, social issues, and BDSM. Her weekly columns include Ask The Slut and Why Am I Not Getting Laid? Her motto: Be open and honest. Don't be ashamed of your inner pervert. Work the kinks OUT.