20231001

22A Albany Road

by Katie Coleman

Saturday morning at the playground was paperboy quiet. Half a bottle of merlot and my hunting boots dragged beneath the swing. I hurried through the grass, flattening spikes to form a map of the area, closing in on where she now lives. Early in the evening, her GPS signal fluttered, leading me to her new address. I waited on the doormat for her to whisper how she’d missed my breath on her neck. The time had come for her to drop the stalking charges and to welcome me back into her life.

6S

Katie Coleman is a writer living in Thailand. Her fiction has appeared in Ghost Parachute, The Sunlight Press, Briefly Zine, The Ilanot Review, SoFloPoJo, Bending Genres, The Odd Magazine, Pigeon Review, Lit 202, Five on the Fifth, Bright Flash, Centifictionist, Corvus Review and Potato Soup Journal. Her work has been nominated for Best of the Net and Pushcart prizes. She has a master’s in creative writing and works as a teacher. Katie can be found on X (formerly Twitter).