20220406

Best Friend

by Tim Frank

You stole my beloved wah-wah pedal, my vinyl Smith’s collection, my well-thumbed Kerouac books. You even pinched my mother’s blouse. I gate-crashed your gig in a Camden dive bar - the smell of watered-down beer, the strobe lighting and that inimitable wah-wah sound licking against the sweaty walls. Your new girlfriend was dancing like a flailing octopus stage-side, wearing the woven bracelet I’d given to her on Valentine’s Day last year. She was once mine, too. Have her, I’m storming the stage to get my wah-wah pedal back.

6S

Tim Frank's short stories have been published in Bourbon Penn, Eunoia Review, The Metaworker, Brilliant Flash Fiction, Menacing Hedge, Maudlin House and elsewhere. He is the associate fiction editor for Able Muse Literary Journal.