20210408

Girls Need Cookies

by Erin M. Yarbery

It had been a long, frustrating Monday already and I really wasn't in the mood to eat, but I smiled when I saw him waiting for me. As we walked through the line to order our sandwiches I rambled on about my rough morning at work. Suddenly I saw him grab a giant double chocolate chip cookie from the shelf and place it on the counter. I gave him a funny look and grinned bashfully because I knew it was for me; he doesn't like cookies. "I want you to have a good day," he said as he paid for our food. "Sometimes a girl just needs a cookie."

6S

Erin Yarbery is an aspiring writer and photographer with an earned bachelors degree in print journalism. She currently works as a secretary in a university library and enjoys writing and planning her first book in her free time.