20201201

Flying

by Leslie Freiberger

I love flying, feeling the wind come up underneath me, cool on a warm afternoon, peaceful, carefree, simply letting the wind take me, take me, take me wherever it wants to. Sometimes I’ll send a greeting to my fellow flyers with just the upward tilt of my head, although they are not as graceful as I am with their sheer fabric and metal contraptions. Naturally, I have already solved all of those problems. Suddenly, I alert my compadres with a screech to a man down below aiming a gun at us. There is a loud pop noise followed by a whiz past my head, as the man exclaims, “damn, I missed it!” Luckily, I’m a much better shot and landed my excrement right on top his head.

6S

Leslie Freiberger writes a blog. She believes most conversations should be limited to six sentences.