20090802

The Cycle

by Zoé Carroll

I hear all of the advice I’m being given and it’s good advice, given with genuine concern. I should probably take it, after all, these people have made their own mistakes and are keen that I learn from them. I will probably live to regret the course of action I plan to take; people may well get hurt along the way, not least me. Is it better then to look over your shoulder and say “I shouldn’t have done that” and know that should you have your chance you would counsel the young against it? They will say as I now say, “Ah, but is it not better to regret the things that you have done than the things that you haven’t?” And you will say “Perhaps," knowing that I will, as you did, and they will.

6S

Zoé Carrolle is a happy person who is writing her first novel (very, very slowly).