20071206

Shame On Me

by Juliana Perry

He threw the laptop; I ducked as it flew past my head. It crashed through the picture window behind me. Two months ago it had been a frozen burrito and three hundred bucks in repairs; the humiliation of watching the guy fix it and having a lame explanation cost me more. I ran from the house while he raged on, glass exploding, with the baby in my arms. The neighbor casually asking me through the cacophony of my broken marriage and front windows, “Do you want me to call 911?" The look on my husband's face as the sheriff led him from our home in handcuffs, crying out to me shamefully, “YOU did this to me!"

6S

Juliana Perry is a single mom of three, a lover of all things wine, cheese and bread, a maintainer of all things house and home, a student of business and psychology, and a professional scheduler and multitasker. She is the author of The Man in My Life.