20110501

Blind

by Meredith Reed

There he sits, across the room; a friend so dear to me, and so similar, yet he cannot see - I glance at him once more, my eyes fixed in a dead stare. Day after day goes by, I feel the same way as I did when I first met him; the way he looks at her makes me want to scream. She, the beautiful, popular, smart, athletic girl has stolen his heart. I have the same intelligence factor as her, yet she beats me in all other categories. She is kind, but I loathe her. He smiles as he chats with her, his eyes sparking; I can tell that there is nothing I can do to make him see that the one who cares the most is right here; he sees external beauty, and he is observant, but he is blind to me.

6S

Meredith Reed enjoys music and poetry. She attends Hershey Middle School in Pennsylvania.