20100127

Thoughts on the Couch

by Holly Seabury

I think back to grade school when I received an S for “Satisfactory” in handwriting, and now strangers watch me write because it’s so eloquent. It’s freezing in my apartment because my roommate doesn’t believe in keeping windows shut during winter. I haven’t worn my hair curly like this in months; bangs have prevented me from doing so. They didn’t believe me at the bar when I told them I had a tiny tattoo on my foot. Movies are wonderful when you’re alone, but watching them with the right person or people makes for such a better experience. McDonald's for dinner was a terrible idea.

6S

Holly Seabury is an assistant editor at Oxford University Press, and a graduate student studying writing at Long Island University. She lives in NYC with her roommate, who apparently thinks January is summertime.