20090203

The Phone

by Roopal Badheka

It’s pure audacity of an inanimate object to create such a gap between us so wide that we are unknowns to each other during the day. Such a thing of disdain is the cell phone. The phone itself acted in superiority, knowing that it could trump my importance with a mere ring and a little jiggle of its own. It gleamed with that knowledge, got shinier and more proud with every call taken in my presence. This phone was a mere parasite sucking away what belonged to me. It was always there... looming... knowing the power it held to separate me from my loved one albeit with a flash of its own.

6S

Roopal Badheka is an aspiring writer living in Houston, Texas with her husband and two children. (Click here to make a donation to Roopal, half of which will support 6S.)