20081109

Small Pleasures

by caccy46

It's the little moments that move me the most: reading a book outside and feeling the breeze between my toes, smelling the lavender in full bloom, watching my yellow labrador resting on the ottoman, his head propped on the window sill, sleeping soundly - so many tiny joys that fill each day. It's important to note them and value their significance. They are the balance, sometimes the keeper of my sanity, amidst all the world's horrors. To know and think about these small comforts makes it possible for me to read the daily papers without spending the day in mourning. To feel the pleasure of a full stomach, an inviting bed, a warm blanket - these are the comforts for which I am grateful and aware. This is what gets me through each day.

6S

caccy46, whose full catalog is here, is a mother of two who's been married for 32 years.