20080714

Shhh…

by Richard M. Johnson

At dinner she told me all the troubles she had been having with her boyfriend, how he was trying to play it cool, and how he had taken a step back in their relationship. I sat there staring into her azure eyes thinking what a fool he was, and prayed for her to tell me she was leaving him for someone who would cherish her as much as she deserved. Her eyes widened and she stared at me, asking, “What did you just say?” Oh, crap, I thought I had been using my inner voice and now it seems that wasn’t true. I stuttered, “I... I... only meant...” She smiled and placed her forefinger against my lips, silencing them before sharing a dozen cinnamon kisses.

6S

Richard M. Johnson tries to use his inner voice often, because saying those things out loud normally gets him into a lot of trouble.