20080509

Jolene

by Heather Leet

Did Dolly Parton have the ability to see the future? When she wrote that song about not taking her man did she know that she was telling my future? When she wrote of “flaming locks, eyes of emerald and a voice like summer rain,” did she foresee my pain? I saw him slowly slide away from me toward her as I cried myself to sleep. I asked her not to take him, but he was already gone. I hate Dolly Parton and her stupid song.

6S

Heather Leet, whose full catalog is here, is a modern day Robin Hood, but instead of stealing from the rich she cajoles them into giving her money to help fund programs that will hopefully one day make the world a better place. She spends not enough time writing on her blog, and hopes to one day publish her collection of Love Poems to Dictators.