20070907

Pearl Harbor in the Rose Garden

by Madam Z

This is war! The Japanese Beetles have invaded my rose garden and inflicted incalculable damage. They have drilled holes into the tender buds and turned the formerly healthy, green leaves into dry, brown netting. Fatalities have yet to be determined. I will spare no expense, I will seek no rest, I will persist until every shiny green devil has been destroyed. Or... I could try to reason with them, explain to them how distressing it is to see them ruining my roses, and suggest they could eat the weeds instead, but if they don’t listen I will unleash my full arsenal of destruction, but not today, because it’s way too hot outside and anyway, I am sort of a pacifist at heart.

6S

Madam Z, author of Blues, loves six and isn't afraid to admit it. Do yourself a favor and check out her blog.