20070806

Breakup

by Stephanie Bee

In daylight it is unmentionable. At night, the memories disintegrate into a fine, black soot; a gritty blanket of powder that blurs the lines of history. Only in dreams will I allow myself to look back on it. I was the Little Boy on August 6th and he was a sleepy town. There was that terrible moment of silence both before and after. Out of love he never asked me to look at the damage I caused.

6S

Stephanie Bee, author of I Loved Him Enough to Allow It, was trained as an investigative reporter, and has lived all over the world, including London and Australia. She currently resides in New York City with two fabulous roommates who politely deal with her assortment of male suitors. You can read more about the sagas of Stephanie's love life (and other adventures) at Spread Eagle in NYC.