20090929

Flowers

by Sean Kennedy

The flowers are the first thing I see, lying across the kitchen table like a seductive glamour model with a note from you to me which simply reads “I’m sorry.” All I’ve been thinking about is the way we left things this morning; you asking me to calm down and me telling you to go fuck yourself. I guess I can really be a bitch sometimes, when the stress becomes too much and I feel the need to lash out at those around me; you’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time and catch the brunt of my aggression. The flowers are beautiful; a mixture of exotic colours – the likes of which I’ve never seen before – which remind me of how much I love you and how lucky I am to have you with me. I inhale the sweet, but sharp, fragrance and feel an immediate lightness rush to my head; that’s when I realize something is wrong. I collapse to the floor, body contorted in an unnatural mess as my mussels begin to react against the poison soaring through my veins, and as the world slowly fades away and my heart begins to stutter, I find myself not angry, but relieved by an overwhelming sense of peace; because the flowers are... just... so... beautiful...

6S

Sean Kennedy attends the University of Salford in Manchester, England. His full catalog is here.