20090705

Summertime Repeat

by Erick Ian Gael

As a reminder of what summer should be about I turn to my four young kids. With there constant need of doing and wanting, they always seem to find the spirit of summer in everyday. Be it watching a movie on television to taking an ordinary stick or rock and transforming it into something magical and wonderous. Even if the work day has been brutal and uncaring, I catch myself watching with an almost jealous awe, working in my mind on how to get back to their way of thinking. Working on walking across the homebound threshold and letting the stress of grown-up world stay their at the door. Although I have yet to master this, my four remind me that it is worth the effort, providing a reward so sweet.

6S

Erick Ian Gael is currently working on the first novel in a series of four.