20080707

Santa, Where Are You?

by mgirl

Men cannot be just friends with women without thinking sexual thoughts, was what I was recently told. I didn't believe it at first. I must have been naive to think that the neighbor up the road would fix my car and take me out for coffee just as a friend; but he was my father's age. When he proceeded to tell me my eyes fascinated him, and he couldn't get me out of his thoughts I was crushed. The light finally came on when my other male friends stopped chatting with me after I told them I was dating someone. I felt like a child who was just told that there was no Santa Clause, it couldn't really be true.

6S

mgirl, whose full catalog is here, loves to read and write, is from Canada, is forty something and has just become a Grandma. Both of her children have moved out and she spends most of her time now reading, writing and in the garden.