20080510

Jasfoup in Monochrome

by Rachel Green

It’s not often that Harold surprises me. We’ve had a very easy-going relationship for some years now (separate bedrooms and bathrooms but shared kitchen) and I thought I knew just about everything about him. Today, though, I was shocked when he told me the vicar had been round for an unexpected badger when I didn’t even know we had badgers in the garden – perhaps that’s why one was unexpected. Harold looked at me a bit strangely, with his head on one side and that lock of platinum-blonde hair falling over one eye. (I always want to brush it backwards.) “Not a black and white badger,” he said, “he wanted a donation for the church organ fund again.”

6S

Rachel Green, whose full catalog is here, is an English woman who spends far too much time writing about demons.