20080524

The Begotten and the Damned

by Joseph Grant

As a young boy and until I reached 18 just a few months ago, I was taught and had it whipped into me that the world is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and at the Children of Christ Compound we were never allowed to see this outside world of sin and degradation, as it would not please the elder fathers and we were told we would be driven blind by such ungodly transgression. It's true what they say in the newspapers and what they call the televised news, even though none of my church wants to admit it. My father was also my uncle and my first cousins were married but so what, that was the Order the way in which Jebbadiah taught us and his father taught him before him and so on. It wasn't wrong in the Order for men to be the boss in the field and in the house and the first and last judgment according to God's word and women were both dominated and thought of tempting instruments of the Devil as it says so in our Bible regarding original sin to lead man astray from the Lord's chores and we knew the End of Days was at hand, for our elders told us this was so. Having left the Order when my sister was begotten with child by a married elder, among other abuse stories, it's not like I believe in it much anymore, as I have finally danced to the secular music, which has led me astray to watch television. Television has lead me to going to the movies into trying alcohol and smoking the green herb from God's good earth to having relations with young women with whom I am neither betrothed or promised to and who freely gave themselves to me without commitment or love and all I can think is what the elders used to tell us back at the church that this freedom was the Devil's playground, but may God have mercy on my soul, I like it.

6S

Joseph Grant, whose full catalog is here, is a 6S All-Star and the first featured author in our "Six Sixes" series.