20080411

So Blue

by Lisa Miller

Blue reminds me of the sky and being under it with you on a long Saturday morning while I read the newspaper and you hold me and say my name like it's your biggest secret. Blue reminds me of cold days and long nights and never feeling alone even when you're 1,000 miles away on business. Blue reminds me of the music you play on the stereo at night. We dance, with me trailing just behind your steps, and laugh at the neighbors who surely see us in the windows and wonder how anyone could be so happy listening to music so blue. So blue, it reminds me how hard it is to follow your heart, to follow my heart, yet remain true to the one thing that holds us together. We are happily dressed and draped in blue.

6S

Lisa Miller, author of Visitors, is Currently Dreaming.