20080117

Personal Demons

by Stephanie Wright

Under a crescent moon, the house sleeps, and I hear you turn in bed, snort softly from the land of dreams and night-time demons that know no rest. The thought of delivering you passes through my mind, but I think they will leave soon enough. Dawn remains hours away, and I've a story to write whose words are irritatingly shrouded. My coffee cools, black and bitter at my elbow without cream to sweeten it, the carton having gone past the expiration date. Little wonder I'm semantically challenged. I sigh, rise, and make for our bed as I realize your demons are more easily battled than the ghosts of my blank pages.

6S

Stephanie Wright is a social psychologist on faculty at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina. She is the author of The Witch War Histories, an urban fantasy series currently at four novels and counting with books five and six in progress. Triplex Coniunctio, the first in the series, was first published in 2004. A self-admitted flake and indecisive adolescent playing at being a grown up, both she and her writing can be found here and on LiveJournal.