20071125

Tuesday Tickle

by Crustybeef

Today, this morning, while Sullivan was at his preschool, Jack and I worked on his homework as I also worked on a towel cake that I'm making for my sister-in-law's bridal shower in Miami. Unfortunately I can't attend due to my Bigdogg and Jack having prior plans that are good for their special daddy-to-firstborn-son time, so... she'll get my towel cake instead. Anyway, long tangent, today as I sat assembling the towel cake, while working on Jack's homework with him, he looked at me after we were discussing his "poem" that he is required to be able to recite alone; he looked up at me with these crestfallen eyes. His face forlorn, a deep deep sigh, his precious mouth opening up to speak: "AwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWww, I'll never get to see my face. Only everyone else will get to see my face cause I'll have to look in the mirror to see it. I can only see my body parts and other peoples faces, but - sigh - I'll never get to see my own face when I want to cause I'll have to go find a mirror somewhere."

6S

Crustybeef is just an average mommy living in an interesting town. She shares her stories to help herself grow as a parent.