20070415

The Secret

by Louise Yeiser

Believing that I have a relatively underdeveloped talent for all things psychic, I made a well-intentioned commitment to myself to practice living my life intuitively. This seemingly benign vow has gotten me into more trouble that anything else I can think of, resulting in several bad marriages (and divorces), and passionate shopping sprees that involved large amounts of money and clothes that were too snug. Apparently, the secret is learning the difference between an intuition and an exciting idea. My friend, Kate from Oregon, once told me, "Sometimes those exciting ideas are little gifts from the Universe." Oh, yeah? Well, sometimes they're not.

6S

Louise Yeiser, author of Night School, is a published writer and student of Creative Nonfiction who has trouble figuring things out.