20061031

The Devil's Eyes

by Dr. Sam Loomis

I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding - in even the most rudimentary sense - of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes. The devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

6S

Dr. Sam Loomis, obsessed with the permanent incarceration of the evil Michael Myers, was a fictional character portrayed by the late Donald Pleasence in John Carpenter's 1978 horror classic, Halloween. His six sentences are taken from the film's original screenplay, written by Carpenter and Debra Hill.